It is important that you keep all appointments scheduled for you after surgery. After surgery if you have any of the symptoms below, we want you to call your surgeon:
- If you have a temperature greater than 101 degrees
- If you have severe pain that is not being controlled by your prescription pain medications
- If the redness around your incision increases or if it has bad smelling drainage
- If you develop chest pain or shortness of breath, go immediately to the emergency room
- If you have any questions/concerns
We hope that this information has been very helpful to you. If you have questions please feel free to contact our Pre-Surgical Teaching Department at 309-779-5960. Business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Any questions occurring after hours for surgery the following day should be directed to the surgeon’s office.